WE ARE teaching some of the best schools in the country and the statistics are there to prove it.
That’s the proud quotation from teachers at Castlecomer Community Schools following Leaving Certificate results. Congratulations to all our Students and Staff on our Exceptional Leaving Cert Results.
“We had a brilliant group of students who got the best results in the history of our school”, was the message from the entire staff of the school to the student body.
“This would not have been achieved without the excellence of our teachers, we don’t work in an area where there is a huge grinds/grind school culture, this makes our achievement even more significant. So well done to all of you,” the missive continued.
Here are some of the school’s stand-out figures:
- Four of the LCA Class of 6 got Distinctions. One student got a Merit and one student got a Pass.
- Three students got maximum points of 625: Ciaran Keogh, Tori Douglas and Ava O’Shea.
- Three more students got over 600 points: Kevin Holland, Eva Brennan and John Kevin Malone.
- Eighty seven students sat for the Leaving Cert, this means that 7% of the class got over 600 points and there were three more student in the ‘590s’.
- Twenty Students got between 500-600 points.
- This means that 30% of the Leaving Cert Class of 2021 got over 500 points in the Leaving Cert.
- There are many more success stories also with the vast majority of students getting over 350 points and many over 450.
“Well done to all, it is a great day for our school,” was the parting shot from Pat Murphy and Peter O’Donovan.